As Governor DeWine has released guidance on schools reopening in the fall, Invictus High School has crafted a plan to resume on-campus instruction during the Fall 2020 Semester in a three-phase reopening plan. The reopening protocol has taken into account the need to provide sufficient physical distance and barriers between faculty, staff, and students, and makes judicious use of time to allow for the school to monitor the ever-changing status of COVID-19 to ensure that health and wellness maintain a top priority for the school.
Beginning on the 17th of August, 2020, Invictus High School will resume instruction via our distance-learning model only, with plans to potentially return to school buildings later in the fall semester. This decision means:
- students will continue to receive instruction via web-based platforms like Google meet;
- students will be provided with an Invictus High School hosted email to have continuous access to email services and a shared Google calendar for students;
- students may continue to complete their schoolwork via our computer-based learning platform;
- teachers are available via telecommuting and online learning sessions;
- students with questions may reach out for assistance via our online platform, telephone, or email (click here for a full staff directory of the downtown campus, east campus, or west campus);
- phone calls to the school will continue to be managed by a small team who stand ready to answer questions and/or make appropriate connections;
- and our enrollment specialists will manage new enrollments remotely.
The school remains aware that the pandemic continues to provide uncertainty despite our best efforts in planning. Our current plan is to review guidance from the Ohio Department of Education (ODE), the World Health Organization (WHO), the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Cuyahoga County Board of Health regarding the spread of this virus in the spirit of making informed safety decisions for our students, faculty, and staff. Our hope is to begin a structured return for staff and for students on an appointment-only basis beginning in October 2020, should it be safe to do so.
Our school leadership team is working diligently to enhance our communications and interaction with students and their families at this time. Homeroom teachers will be providing one-on-one assistance via telephone once a week and continue to offer instruction in virtual meeting rooms regularly for students to receive guidance. Further, the team will continue to provide updates via our school website and our social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and (when appropriate) directly to our YouTube channel.
We look forward to welcoming back all of our undefeated students and to welcoming new members of our community throughout the fall semester.
Should you have any questions regarding this decision, your responsibilities, or if your contact information has changed as a result of the many difficulties faced during the pandemic, please reach out to your building Director for assistance.