Today, the Invictus High School System became aware of an individual who reports to the Invictus High School East Campus testing positive for COVID-19. This individual was last in the building on 14 September, 2021.
Close contacts have been identified and have been notified by the COVID-19 Coordinators for the Invictus High School System of the required next steps. As a reminder, close contacts are defined as people within 3ft of proximity over 15 minutes of cumulative exposure in 24 hours, regardless of mask use.
COVID-19 continues to be present and spreading throughout our communities and our nation. We want to remind students and staff of building policies and key public health prevention strategies to reduce COVID-19 transmission, including:
- Getting vaccinated if eligible (a list of vaccination opportunities is located on our school’s website under the COVID-19 tab or by clicking here).
- Wearing a face mask properly covering both nose and mouth while in the school buildings.
- Staying home when you do not feel well and notifying the COVID-19 Coordinators of any symptoms via our COVID-19 reporting form (located on our school’s website under the COVID-19 tab or by clicking here).
- Social distancing (allowing 6 feet of distance between individuals at all times).
- Frequent handwashing with soap and water and/or sanitization at the numerous campus hand sanitization stations.
- Disinfecting workstations and high-touch surfaces via the school’s handheld sanitizers.
In addition to this notification, the Invictus High School System is dedicated to ongoing transparency in reporting recent and cumulative cases of COVID-19 specifically impacting our schools. A report of these cases, updated weekly, can be located on our website under the COVID-19 tab or by clicking here.
If you have any questions, please contact our COVID-19 Coordinators via email at email@example.com or via telephone at 216-539-7200 extension 682 (Ms. Latonya Jones) or 609 (Ms. Keating Donahoe). Thank you for your continued vigilance in efforts to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 throughout our school community.
Invictus High School’s COVID-19 Coordinators:
Latonya Jones, Human Resources & Business Manager
Keating Donahoe, Director of Strategic Communication & Administration